Published: March 30, 2016 | Tokyo
Harman won a new contract from Suzuki to power its end-to-end connected car system for Ignis models. This new award marks the first infotainment system for the Japanese market to be embedded with Apple CarPlay from a Japanese automaker.
The system adopted for the new IGNIS boasts full special HMI to ensure driver safety, easy smart phone integration to keep drivers eyes on the road and HARMAN’s navigation. In addition, the system supports Apple CarPlay, offering users a safer and more pleasurable experience using their Apple iPhone in their car by allowing the various functions of their iPhone, including calls, music playback and messaging to be controlled through the car’s display. Additionally, the system also allows the use of the voice-recognition function.
The system features include
- Smartphone-like user interface
- Easy smartphone integration through Apple CarPlay
- Learning navigation with stress-free map controls
- Data integrated from web service Rurubu on local attractions
- Access to digital TV through SW key system (RMP system) with no need for a B-CAS card
- Specially-designed HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- High-resolution display
- High-quality HARMAN turned audio sound
With more than 2,000 patents in all key domains – including safety, design, navigation, connectivity, networking, HMI and more, HARMAN continues to push the boundaries bringing connected car innovations to market that improve driver safety, increase vehicle security and enable new connected experiences.