Savari is working with Qualcomm Technologies to deliver a comprehensive Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) solution. As part of the working relationship, Savari provides key software components for C-V2X modules featuring the Qualcomm 9150 C-V2X chipset.
This solution is designed to deliver C-V2X communication capabilities, including vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastrucutre (V2I) and vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P), in support for automotive safety and Level 4 and Level 5 autonomous vehicles.
C-V2X features include:
- Direct communications: C-V2X direct communications supports enhanced range and reliability without relying on cellular network assistance or coverage.
- Non line-of-sight sensing: C-V2X offers 360° awareness beyond visual sight which works at night and in bad weather situations.
- Conveying intent: C-V2X can be used to share intent, sensor data, and path planning information with other vehicles to help improve the level of predictability.
- Local mapping with real time context: C-V2X is designed to broadcast updated lane-specific maps that update lane closures, accidents and traffic in real time.
- 5G compatibility: C-V2X is a V2X technology with a clear evolution path to 5G and is designed to be backward/forward compatible.
Auto manufacturers, wireless system providers, road operators, and municipalities are currently working with Savari and Qualcomm Technologies to help accelerate C-V2X technology development and commercialization. Efforts are currently underway to utilize C-V2X technology in multiple trials around the world. C-V2X is expected to be ready for commercial deployment in vehicles for 2020.
Savari will showcase its C-V2X solutions live at CES 2018