SAP has further expanded SAP Vehicles Network with new connected fueling and payment options. The company announced new agreements with different companies like Deutsche Tamoil, Q1, PACE, Tantalum, TripIt, Parken+ and Apple Pay.
The agreement with Deutsche Tamoil and Q1 that will add hundreds of new fueling locations across Germany to the SAP Vehicles Network solution. Other agreements with PACE and Tantalum will add new automated payment options for fueling and parking.
SAP also showcased new integration scenarios with TripIt from Concur, a travel-organizing app, and automated payment options with Parken+ and Apple Pay to create seamless, connected travel experiences. The announcements were made at IAA New Mobility World in Frankfurt, Germany.
SAP Vehicles Network solution is a cloud offering that allows enterprise companies to offer secure, convenient end-to-end vehicle- and mobility-centric services – independent of devices or vehicles. It harnesses the power of SAP HANA Cloud Platform* for the Internet of Things and offers member companies and partners the opportunity to create new mobility services and apps for consumer use. SAP Vehicles Network also allows app providers and automotive companies to gain access to tens of thousands of mobile payment-enabled parking garages and gas stations in key markets. Thus companies can improve the driver and passenger’s digital experience by using mobile wallets and third-party apps for an integrated in-vehicle experience.
New participants offering key distribution locations and services to the network include:
- Deutsche Tamoil – With the brand HEM and more than 400 fueling stations across Germany, Deutsche Tamoil is among the country’s top 10 fuel retailers and offers a regional lowest price guarantee through its fueling app.
- Q1 – With a network of 200 state-of-the-art fueling stations and shops, Q1 offers fuel, competent service for vehicles and drivers, and high-quality food items for home and on the road.
- PACE – Germany-based startup PACE Telematics helps turn any car manufactured after 1995 into a smart car through the PACE Link, the PACE App and the PACE Cloud.
- Tantalum – Providing automobile services for parking, year-long insurance, monthly in-car entertainment and service subscriptions, or one-off repair services, Tantalum offers access to information from any device, including spending records, single transactions and bills.
- Parken+ – With a sleek and modern mobile parking app, Parken+ consolidates over 9,500 parking garage facilities in more than 200 U.S. locations, resulting in more than 1 million bookable parking spaces.
SAP will demonstrate new scenarios, including enabling the 14 million TripIt users to find and prereserve parking spots near where they need to go, whether to a hotel, meeting or restaurant. The TripIt integration concept can demonstrate how travelers may benefit from the capabilities that SAP Vehicles Network provides.
SAP also will showcase the Parken+ app, which includes the ability to pay with Apple Pay, the easy, secure and private way to pay. New scenarios showcased in the Parken+ app offer drivers better navigation to parking and fueling locations available for customers of vehicle OEMs, rental car companies, telecom providers, mapping service providers, insurance companies and other large business-to-consumer/business-to-business companies.
*SAP HANA is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system developed and marketed by SAP SE. Its primary function as database server is to store and retrieve data as requested by the applications.