Groupe Renault, Nissan Motor and Mitsubishi Motors, the world’s largest automotive alliance have announced a new six-year plan.
The alliance as set the following objectives:
- More than 9 million vehicles to share four common platforms
- Proportion of common powertrains to rise from a third to three-quarters of total volumes
- Additional synergies expected from electrification, connectivity and autonomous technologies
- 12 pure electric models to be launched, utilizing common EV platforms and components
- 40 vehicles to be launched with autonomous drive (AD) technology
- To become an operator of robo-vehicle ride-hailing services
- The plan will also extend the use of common powertrains to 75 percent of total sales.
The launch of a new logo and online presence was also revealed for the Alliance, symbolizing the growing convergence and cooperation between the member companies.