Published: 27 October 2016
Navdy announced it is now shipping the Augmented Driving device that leverages augmented reality (AR) technology to project information directly in the driver’s line of sight, for an all new driving experience. Navdy’s breakthrough user interface projects a transparent image on the road ahead, incorporates Hand Gestures to accept calls with the wave of your hand, a specially engineered Dial, and advanced software that lets you control your phone hands-free. With maps, calls, messages, notifications, music, and car information projected directly in front of you, you’ll never again miss a turn or the information you need while driving. For the first time, drivers can Look Forward while Staying Connected, and enjoy seamless integration of their phone into the driving experience.
“The way we interact with our cars hasn’t changed much in decades, and phones were never designed to be used while driving. Navdy creates and defines an entirely new Augmented Driving category enabling drivers to interact with their phones and cars in a much more immersive, natural, and intuitive way,” said Navdy CEO, Doug Simpson. “With Navdy, we’ve developed multiple technologies and an entirely new user interface specifically designed to enhance the driving experience. Navdy fundamentally changes how we interact with useful information while driving.”
Navdy incorporates popular Head-Up Display (HUD) technology, primarily offered as a pricey upgrade package in luxury cars, with a groundbreaking UI, and specially developed software, delivering a far richer driving experience at an accessible price. And since Navdy is portable, consumers can enjoy the Navdy experience in whatever car they currently drive.
Navdy’s features include:
- Look Forward Display: rich, full color, fully transparent display with unmatched clarity in any light that projects information into the distance so the road stays in focus. The most advanced display on the road.
- Intuitive Interface: Navdy Hand Gestures are the most natural way to accept a call or message with the simple wave of your hand. The Navdy Dial is the most intuitive way to scroll, zoom and navigate menus fluidly. The Dial also serves as a convenient way to access Siri and Google Now. Never again will you have to hunt through rows of buttons or look down to poke at a touch screen while driving.
- Never Miss a Turn: Navdy’s Projected Navigation system is powered by Google Maps — with maps and directions appearing right in front of you, you’ll never miss a turn again. Navdy offers full dynamic maps as a transparent image without obstructing your view of the road. It’s as easy as following the car in front of you and uniquely immersive. With its own high precision GPS chip and local storage of maps, drivers don’t have to worry about losing navigation if they are out of network coverage.
- Stay Connected: Navdy lets you make and receive calls, listen to messages, control music, receive calendar reminders and stay connected to the apps on your phone. Navdy also connects to your car with Navdy Dash to show your speed, RPM and automatically recommend nearby gas stations when your fuel level is low.
- Portable and Storable: works in any car with Navdy’s magnetic mounting system making it effortless to take it with you or store it in the glove box.
- Easy Setup: easy for anyone to set up and get rolling without tools in around 15 minutes.
- Thoughtful Design: crafted from premium materials that blend in seamlessly with your car, adding a touch of sophistication.
Navdy will also be offering complimentary same-day hand delivery and expert setup services for customers in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Manhattan, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Miami through Enjoy.
“Enjoy is excited to partner with Navdy to bring their innovative new product to market. Navdy truly does provide an entirely new way to experience driving a car,” said Enjoy CEO, Ron Johnson. “While Navdy is going to be enjoyed by drivers everywhere, our Enjoy Experts are excited to use Navdy throughout the United States in cities where we offer Enjoy. We expect Navdy to increase the productivity and safety of our teams. It will help us be on time, stay up to date and deliver high quality experiences to customers.”
Navdy is now available for as low as $71 per month with 12-month financing, or $799 as a one-time purchase with no monthly fees on www.navdy.com. Compatible with iOS 9 and 10, and Android Jelly Bean (4.1) or newer.