Marvell has introduced a secure automotive gigabit Ethernet switch, an industry first. It is being claimed that it will now permit a higher level of safety for data transmission in next-generation connected vehicles.
Some of its features are as follows:
- It is fully compliant with the IEEE802.3 and 802.1 standards.
- It employs a deep packet inspection (DPI) engine and boot functionality to boost the level of security.
- It supports both whitelisting and blacklisting addresses on all its Ethernet ports.
- AEC-Q100 qualified to meet the strictest industry norms.
- It can complement both 100Mbps and 1Gbps interfaces with five integrated 100BASE-T1 physical interfaces.
- It can also be connected easily to Marvell’s previously announced 1000BASE-T1 PHY.
Vehicle connectivity is indispensable and systems like ADAS and in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), as well as self-driving depend a lot on digital information that is streamed internally within the vehicle and externally from the vehicle to other vehicles. The automakers are opting for ethernet as there are numerous computing applications in the modern vehicle that call for a strong and secure in-vehicle-network.