Kaspersky Lab, AVL Software and Functions GmbH will work together to develop advanced, embedded security technologies through a collaborative and comprehensive partnership approach.
Dr. Georg Schwab, MD of AVL Software and Functions GmbH and Mr. Alex Moiseev, chief sales officer of Kaspersky Lab signed the cooperation agreement in Regensburg, Germany on June 1, 2017.
The agreement involves the following:
- Joint-development of a software solution, which will guarantee interference-proof secure communication between car components, the car, and its external connected infrastructure
- Building a bridge between embedded automotive development and best cybersecurity practices and technologies
- Bundling security products with engineered car components, and the promotion of comprehensive security solutions for the car manufacturing industry
- Building a training and coaching portfolio for automotive security
- Consequent extension of business, via a seamless and comprehensive portfolio, to provide security and safety for the connected and autonomous cars of the future.
One of the key objectives is to create a reliable and flexible software platform that will allow car manufacturers to develop and implement a Secure Communication Unit (SCU or Car Gateway) into their cars, using hardware and additional software components that align with their manufacturing plans. Once developed, the proof-of-concept SCU solution will be tested via security-related verification and validation methods. This comprehensive development package will not only produce the technical deliverables needed in the industry, but will also develop new concepts for making car software secure by design.