Qualcomm Technologies and Jaguar Land Rover are working together to use Qualcomm Snapdragon automotive platforms to power advanced telematics, infotainment and digital cluster with integrated connectivity, and rear seat entertainment, helping to meet the demand for rich, immersive and seamless connected in-vehicle experiences to future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
- For telematics units, Jaguar Land Rover will use the Snapdragon 820Am Automotive platform to provide customers with quick and efficient connectivity throughout the vehicle by integrating 4G LTE Advanced, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies.
- The automotive platform’s integrated global navigation satellite system (GNSS) and automotive dead reckoning, helps future vehicles to have the increased capability to effectively be aware of its surroundings.
- Infotainment and digital cluster systems featured in future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will be integrated into one complete system using an additional Snapdragon 820Am Automotive platform.
- The Automotive platform also features 4G LTE capabilities to support connected applications, Jaguar Land Rover will be able to produce a scalable platform to serve different domains, and rapidly connect software and services, within the vehicle.
- Optional rear seat entertainment systems are also designed using Snapdragon 820A Automotive platforms for unmatched connected in-car experiences.
As Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon 820Am Automotive platform features a custom-built 64-bit Qualcomm Kryo CPU, custom-built Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU for virtualization advantages, and Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP Vector eXtension to stream high-definition videos seamlessly onto multiple displays.
The Snapdragon 820Am Automotive platform also features the Snapdragon X12 LTE modem to support Category 12 speeds up to 600 Mbps download, as well as vehicle sensor integration and computer vision to support driver assistance using the Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine.