Innoviz Technologies and HiRain Technologies have announced today a partnership to bring Innoviz’s LiDAR and computer vision technology to Chinese automakers through HiRain’s sales channels in the country. HiRain is one of the leading Tier 1 solution providers for the automotive market in China and Innoviz provides of cutting-edge LiDAR remote sensing.
The company’s LiDAR products solutions are designed to enable the mass commercialization of autonomous vehicles and deliver superior performance at the cost and size required for mass market adoption. Available now, InnovizPro™ offers angular resolution at the highest frame rate of any LiDAR solution currently on the market. The company’s automotive-grade LiDAR, InnovizOne™which will be available in 2019, was selected by BMW for series production of its autonomous vehicles in 2021.
The addition of Innoviz’s LiDAR to HiRain’s offering enables Chinese OEM’s access to the LiDAR solution that offers long-range scanning and superior object detection capabilities for self-driving vehicles.
Innoviz’s advanced solution provides a complete computer vision software stack and algorithms to turn 3D vision into critical driving insights which enable autonomous vehicles to sense their surroundings with unparalleled clarity and accuracy, even at long distances, in varying weather and light conditions, and in multi-LiDAR environments. The software layer uses LiDAR information to provide object detection and classification such as people, cars, trucks, bikes, driveable area, lane marking etc. Innoviz Computer Vision is a LiDAR point cloud data-based computer vision product that Innoviz developed in order to provide our customers a better and faster development process of autonomous capabilities.
Innoviz’s expansion into the Chinese market through HiRain adds another milestone to the worldwide expansion the company has experienced over the past months.
Apart from the reasons mentioned the other reasons why HiRain chose to partner with Innoviz, including:
- Performance: InnovizOne offers high angular resolution, high frame rate and an extra long detection range
- Size: InnovizOne features an exceptionally small footprint of 60 X 120 X 105 mm (HXWXD)
- Reliability: Solid-state, automotive-grade design drives long life expectancy
- Low Price: InnovizOne, our automotive-grade LiDAR for levels 3 – 5 of autonomous driving, will cost in the hundreds of dollars, depending on volume. Meanwhile, InnovizPro, our stand-alone LiDAR for testing and development of autonomous vehicles, costs in the single-digit thousands of dollars.
- Product Maturity: Our stand-alone LiDAR, InnovizPro, is available now. Our built-in automotive-grade LiDAR, InnovizOne, will be available in 2019.
- Safety: Innoviz’s technology meets performance requirements of leading OEMs to ensure L3-L5 safety.
“China is helping lead the way towards the autonomous vehicle future, and HiRain is one of the most influential companies in the Chinese automotive industry. Last year, around 26 million vehicles were manufactured in China, making it by far the largest automotive manufacturing country in the world,” said Omer Keilaf, CEO of Innoviz. “The HiRain team has extensive experience with driver assistance and autonomous driving systems in China and we are honoured to partner with them. Together, we will help Chinese auto manufacturers achieve the standards they demand for safe and reliable LiDAR sensors, at the price point they desire.”
“LiDAR is one of the most critical technologies for automated driving systems, and we partnered with Innoviz because not only is its technology more advanced than other LiDAR solution, but the company has proven it can deliver on its promises,” said Yingcun Ji, CEO of HiRain. “Innoviz’s cutting-edge LiDAR will help us expand our leadership position within the Chinese automotive industry and continue to blaze a trail towards the autonomous driving future.”