IDEMIA and Altran have joined hands to develop a new user experience called “Columbia”, a connected, autonomous, and multi-use vehicle integrating Artificial Intelligence.
IDEMIA is a leader in Augmented Identity, and Altran is known for Engineering and R&D services (ER&D). The new user experience will be based on driverless vehicles interacting with the human environment and with different infrastructures.
Together the companies aim to create two services in one:
- An assisted driving car for personal use based on a shared transport concept
- A transport solution for professional users, including dropping off and collecting items along the route
IDEMIA provides security and enhanced user convenience by creating a strong digital identity. Biometrics ensure reliable data recording when users sign up for the service, and strong authentication of individual vehicle users. The company brings different technologies to the concept,
- The e-KYC (know your customer) system is a digital user enrolment pathway that creates an identity,
- A digital car key solution allows the end-user to use a digital key stored in their smartphone to open and start the vehicle. This solution is cloud-based to securely send the digital key to the smartphone, with a secured smartphone environment to store the digital car key and a facial recognition to enable the digital car key,
- The DMS (driving monitoring system) is an on-board camera system that monitors driver behavior and interacts with the driver to return control of the vehicle to the human driver in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Togerther the companies will design the vehicle and developed several applications, including:
- Scalable and innovative vehicle platform using more than 20 sensors embedded
- Plug and play Electric Electronic architecture enabling autonomous mobility systems
- System of light interactions for the vehicle, front & rear, with light bands and LED screens
- Intelligent dashboard to interact with the vehicle and services
- Mobile application called “I-ris” enabling user to command the vehicle, send a package and manage shared transport, thanks to IDEMIA facial recognition system, providing secure access to the vehicle